Thursday, February 9, 2012

Slaying, digging and sawing...

A little over a week has passed since our Kickstarter project was successful. Only one thing has been keeping me from the project site during the amazingly warm and sunny weather. Work; as in a paying job. Meet the newest barista at Makeda Coffee on 78th just off Greenwood Ave. I've never slayed coffee before now, but the owner of Makeda, Prashanti, is a great teacher. Now that espresso machine looks a lot less mysterious. But let me tell you, making espresso drinks is no picnic. Your neighborhood barista makes it look easy, believe me. Stop in, say 'hey' and hang out in this cozy, neighborhood coffee shop.

So in true Seattle fashion now that I have a couple of days off to work on the greenhouse what does it do? It rains. At least it is warm, I can be thankful of that. Only a few weeks ago at this time snow was pilling up everywhere.

The project has moved beyond the breaking of ground phase and yesterday I began the highly technical process of leveling the site and our concrete footers to each other. Stay tuned for more updates (and pictures) as I dedicate today and tomorrow to building this greenhouse before February is over.

Stay dry out there,

 - Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment