Saturday, February 25, 2012

How many sides does a greenhouse have?

201. That is the number of surfaces on all of the windows and door needed for our greenhouse. Each surface has now been scraped, sanded, washed and primed. Yesterday, under a gray and threatening sky, Melissa and I framed our first wall. We were chased off by a steady rain, but we were able to get the plywood-covered north wall put together. Today, with the threat of rain mixed with snow, and my afternoon shift at Makeda Coffee, we will be unable to make much progress. However, we should be able to continue framing in short stretches over the next few days.

We're on schedule and under the gun to finish the walls by the middle of this week. Why? Not only is February ending, but Melissa and I are heading to Montana at the end of the week to go Nordic skiing with my parents. Super exciting, I can't wait to post some pictures of a winter paradise.

 - Ben

No comments:

Post a Comment