Thursday, August 2, 2012

The Summer Buzz

Geez, it's August already...sure feels like I just planted those squash and tomatoes, and now they're HUGE!  And this makes me realize: so much has happened in the last month and we haven't told you guys! So here's a quick and dirty update via pictures and a recipe that I found...Also, I promise to be a better blogger ;) Pinky-swear...
Our first FARM STAND! On 78th and Greenwood outside of Makeda Coffee...and so much fun to slang veggies and flowers to the neighbors!

Morning at the beach house, a work/play trip including landscaping for the new bulk head (salt and drought tolerant natives!)

Lunch...harvested by me :)

Filling flower orders

Possible new farm truck at the Greenwood Car Show!? I wish ;)

Kelly of Botanique joined me for some farm stand action!
Did you know I offer one-on-one mentoring!? I would love to grow with you!

Awesome tractor at the Carnation 4th of July parade
Prettiest girls in the parade!


Enjoying Tolt River
I lived down the road a piece from this spot on the river last summer...such a lovely valley and great farming community!



Ben's super power: rock skipping

Sunset at Golden Gardens
A fantastic and magical wedding of two lovely friends



The 46th St. farm is growing like crazy! These tomatoes, two weeks after this picture was taken, are now chest high and full of green fruit!

Finally feeling full :)

Hungarian Hot Wax peppers in the greenhouse

A glorious arrangement for a dinner party
Table arrangements for that lovely dinner party...doesn't it make you want to have a lovely dinner party!?

So how about you serve this at your fancy, magical backyard dinner party? And invite me (I'll do the flowers)!
 



Grilled Kale Salad with Ricotta and Plums


 Lots of summer luvin' to you all!
-The Flying Bears


2 comments: