Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Growing a greenhouse

With the help of friends and family, our greenhouse has sprouted and is now about 2/3 complete. We were 'blessed' with amazing weather on a day that was forecast to be wet. The sun was greatly appreciated. Today we are picking up the roofing material which is a corrugated, clear plastic material made especially for greenhouses. The south and north walls are complete, the entire structure framed, and only the east and west walls remain to be windowed and doored. Our glass art rewards for our lovely donors are also nearly complete. Look for an update on those soon on kickstarter, as we will be sending those out by the end of March.

The pictures speak for themselves. I can't wait to show you all the picture of the finished greenhouse, but that will likely be at the end of the month. In addition to work, my activities with the Sierra Club are taking me to LA this week for a 'Green Jobs, Good Jobs' conference. Even though this trip is stealing me away from greenhouse work, one of my seminars is on the local food economy. I hope to glean some great factoids to share. At least I will also be able to escape the soggy mess Seattle finds itself in this week.

 - Ben


No comments:

Post a Comment